Monday, May 2, 2011

Celebrating Peripety (Reversal of Destiny)

Lord Jesus,
No words can ever express the praise, worship, thanks, awe, adoration, gratitude, and overwhelming love I have for You my King in reversing my destiny!  You took me from a path that was not of You, and reverse it all back to You.  Only You Jesus, my King, only You!
If you can turn curses into blessings (Deut. 23:5), You can turn   my poor choices into Your thoughts and ways replacing my own   (Is. 55:8-9) .  That is what You began in me 5 years ago-  embracing Your best plan for my life over my hearts desire for a “good plan”.  But is anything truly good without You in the midst of it? (Luke 18:19b) I have come to see in very REAL, BIG, LIFE CHANGING ways that I produce nothing good without You.
I don’t have to be intentionally disobeying to not follow after Your best plan.  All too often I try to be the one to discern Your will, and even though You desire me to seek You, (Ps. 119:10) You also desire me to do that with a heart that will wait upon You (Ps. 62:5, 147:11) ; and trust in Your ability to speak into my heart (John. 10:4) through the revelation of the Holy Spirit                         (John 13:7, 16:13-15) .
You have taken me from a place of former darkness, where I was blind to Your Truth and introduced me to Your astounding marvelous Light. (1 Peter 2:9)  Once You have opened my eyes to these Truths, how can I then go and embrace the sin and willfully sin against You? (Ps. 19:13)  Oh Lord, keep me from walking back into the pit (Ps. 40:2), but let me walk through the power of the Holy Spirit as a child of the Light. (Eph. 5:8) Grant me the strength through the fiery trials (2 Peter 4:12-13) to embrace the purity of the Word, the whole megillah-beginning to end, and not be ashamed of the Gospel (Ps. 119:6) .
Thank you LORD Jesus, that while my ordinary days are making me wonder where You are or how You are working, Your Providence is at its best...displayed in the unseen and ready to come into my everyday with a burst of radiant color that reveals Your glory!  You never forget my calling and that You are at work within me. (Phil. 2:13)  Despite my “stab in the dark” attempts in life, Your wise ways can have there way with me!  You are the one who uses the weak to shame the strong, to teach us as Your children to boast in nothing but You, our God. (1 Cor. 1:25-27,29)
Thank you for not viewing me with my sin, but You see my sin/flesh crucified with Your Son, my Groom, Jesus Christ. (Gal. 2:20, Rom. 6:6)  As a result, You see me clothed in a robe of righteousness (Is. 61:10) calling me BLESSED, CHOSEN, ADOPTED, ACCEPTED, HOLY, BLAMELESS, REDEEMED, FORGIVEN, AND LOVED through the power of the cross, putting my sin to death by my Redeemer, Christ the Lord (Eph. 1:3-13).
To all of this I must say, because of You I know what true forgiveness and healing is.  My heart applauds You, my King of Kings, that you have turned what was “suppose to be” into what You intended me to be!  I lift my hands in praise for You, my Jesus, who is better than life. (Ps. 63:4) You make it all worth living for, because my God is for me, what come against me? (Ps. 56:4)  Nothing and no one, is bigger than the shadow of the Almighty where I dwell (Ps. 91:1) , and that is simply worth singing about! (Ps. 147:1)
I love You Lord Jesus, I love you so.  Keep me from getting lost in anything but You, and “Open my eyes to behold wonderful things from Thy Law”-Psalm 119:18.
Thy Will and Thy Way I Pray,
 Amen and Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment